Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Friday, June 09, 2006

I guess Luke Perry couldn't stay young forever

Remember a few years ago Jason Priestly was in a really bad race car accident? He was really injured and needed a lot of rehabilitation to get better, as well as a lot of plastic surgery. He now looks much like himself, but somehow a little more...well, plastic.

But after seeing a recent photo of Luke Perry, I started wondering if I wasn't confused and if it was Luke, rather than Jason, who was in the accident. Wow. The years have not treated Dylan McKay well. Although I guess he should be commended for not going under the knife and not injecting his face with bovine toxins. And after all, it's not like he looked like he was in high school 15 years ago on 90210, so what was I expecting?

Why am I blogging about Luke at all? Because he's in a new show, Windfall. It is about a bunch of friends who win big in the lottery, and follows their lives after they collect the cash. Considering that there is nothing else on TV, and the fact that it stars Luke Perry (as well as D.J. Cotrona from Skin--you remember, his father was the District Attorney), how could I not try it out? It airs Thursdays at 10 p.m. on NBC and premiered yesterday. Of course, I forgot to set my DVR and missed it. But no worries, it is re-airing tonight, I think on Saturday, and again on Thursday at 9 p.m. (after which it will be followed by episode two).

I am hopeful that this can join Entourage on my summer viewing list. I wonder if Luke's character will visit the Beverly Hills Hotel. I hope so.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Isaac, your bartender said...

Is Skin available on DVD? Sadly, it seems it is not. I know that only 3 episodes ever aired on Fox, but obviously a few more were filmed. At least they should sell a DVD of Ron Silver screeming a line that all of us who watched the 2003 playoffs will never forget (and, no, I don't mean "I don't believe Grady is leaving Pedro in").

6/12/2006 10:42 AM  
Blogger Red Fraggle said...

I know that the Soap Network used to show Skin. However, I don't think they do anymore, although I am sure that they will start airing it again at some point.

I checked Amazon and it doesn't look like it is out on DVD.

I actually thought it was a good show!

6/12/2006 11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home