Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Damn You CW!

I know none of my fellow junkettes watched Everwood, so this post is, even more than usual, just for me. Last night this wonderful, sweet, heartfelt, beautiful little show ended for good and I'd love to give Dawn Ostroff a good talking to for keeping 7th Heaven in its place.

All bitterness over its demise aside, I have to say how much I appreciate the wonderful way the show ended. There were no painful cliff-hangers left to remain unresolved forever (see American Dreams), instead every character we loved ended up just where they should. Andy Brown engaged to best friend and beautiful neighbor Nina. Jake on his way back to L.A. to begin a meaningful life. Herold and Rose with the baby they'd been dreaming of and Grandma Edna, admitting that she couldn't be alone after Irv's death, accepting their sincere and loving invitation to share their home. Amy and Ephram, soul mates (I know, cliche, but if you'd watched the show . . .) kissing under a ferris wheel in one last big gesture. Bright putting aside his selfishness, and acknowledging that his love for Hannah meant he couldn't ask her to turn down Notre Dame for him, and telling her to go, that he'd always be here for her, and Hannah, sweet, emotionally honest Hannah, choosing to stay. And, in a wonderful callback to the series premier (the episode was full of them actually), Delia finally got the horse her father had promised her to get her to move to Everwood in the first place.

I'll really miss my weekly Everwood cry, and all you cynics out there who didn't watch and let this show die, you suck. (OK, the setting aside of my bitterness obviously didn't last long. Sorry!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home