Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Monday, June 05, 2006

My Giant . . . at Loews?!






















While this is not like running into George Clooney or Jessica Alba, I must relate my Gawker moment. I was shopping at Loews in Kentlands (Gaithersburg) yesterday with my father-in-law when I noticed a very tall man who looked to be standing on something. It was none other than Georghe Muresan, the tallest man ever to play in the NBA (7' 7''). (In case you are unsure, Georghe is the one in back in the picture.) And he is tall. Kids were staring at him (and, to be fair, so was I). If you care, he was looking at grills. And, no, I didn't ask when production was slated to begin on My Giant II.

3 Comments:

Blogger Blogger said...

Was his wife with him? She's at least 6'5".

6/05/2006 9:02 PM  
Blogger Bailey Quarters said...

Ah, Big Georghe. Those were the days.

Actually, those were the days that Les Boulez were terrible. But Georghe was lovable.

He's tall. [Said in Kenny Mayne voice.]

6/05/2006 9:15 PM  
Blogger Isaac, your bartender said...

Georghe was with an older gentleman of average height (5' 10'' or so), and they were speaking to each other in Romanian.

6/06/2006 10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home