Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Update: Team Aniston Did Not Lose

At least I didn't think so when I saw The Breakup today. I really shouldn't even bother reading reviews of non-dramas, because the critics are just so much more critical than I am. I thought Jen and Vince had plenty of chemistry, and unlike the reviewers, I found Jen's character very sympathetic! I did think the film was a little mis-billed as a romantic comedy. It's about a breakup for heaven's sake! Which means that while it's funny at times, because the characters are more than caricatures, and they're going through a really rough time, it also has its sad and touching moments.

The one thing I did agree with the critics on was the excellent job done by the supporting actors. Jon Favreau and Jason Bateman were particularly wonderful, and Joey Lauren Adams was surprisingly quiet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home