Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Friday, March 03, 2006

Paula Abdul Is On Drugs.

For the few minutes of Paula time I watched while fast-forwarding through last night's Idol results show, I realized she is insane. What was wrong with her last night? It was very awkward.

Ya know, the more and more I watch the show, it is confirmed for me that Randy, while loveable, uses the same five lines on every show (e.g., "We got a hot one."; "I gotta give it to you."; "You did your thing."; "It was just aaright for me." Arguably, the second and third one are really just one line.) Don't get me wrong, I'm still a Randy fan. And I do love Simon, though he too, has the same scripted lines, variations of which he repeats constantly. (E.g., "That was like a ghastly performance you'd hear on a cruise ship; "That sounded like a million performances I've heard at a karoake bar.") So as not to leave her out, Paula's favorite line is clearly "You have a real nice tone to your voice. " That is when she's not whispering sweetnothings into their ears, of course.

On to the results . . . "America got it right." Buh-bye Heather Cox and Brenna Gethers, who, incidentally, contined to annoy the hell out of me even as we were saying goodbye to her. It was David Radnor's time to go, though I felt sort of sad for him. And his final song reminded me that he is in fact a talented young fellow. As for Sway, not sure he deserved to get the boot, but I probably won't notice he's gone. [Side note: I find it very endearing when Paris cries when people get voted off.]

Next week is going to be tricky - before hearing their performances, though, my guesses to go are: Kinnik and Melissa; Kevin and either Bucky/Will. If those are the four that leave, I think this could be one of the best top 12s EVA.

One last thing - I thought Carrie Underwood sounded "just wretched" last night. "And when [she] hears herself back after the show, she's going to be disappointed."

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Bailey Quarters said...

Paula was crazy. That was really odd, and it was odd that Simon and Randy did not step in because it was pretty awkward.

I also thought that asking all of the boys if they thought they were in the bottom three was cruel.

Finally, I agree that Kevin needs to go, but Bucky is sort of growing on me. Not more than Will of course though!

3/03/2006 6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home