Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Friday, March 10, 2006

Whaaaa? Part II

I can't believe Gedeon got voted off American Idol. In a class of sub-par singers, I thought he was a standout. How Kevin Covais gets to the final 12 and Gedeon gets sent home is beyond me. That's the problem with me and these reality shows. I get emotionally attached. I was pissed at the voters (notwithstanding the fact that I don't vote.). It just doesn't seem fair. In fact it reeks of unfairness. And Ged's farewell rendition of When A Man Loves A Woman was truly outstanding. I was especially upset because he was the only black male singer in the competition. Bummer.

Ace at least won some points with me the way he was hugging Paris while she cried during Gedeon's last performance.

Sigh. I really don't know if I can stand watching one more Kevin Covais performance.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Bailey Quarters said...

If the teenage girls of America really prefer Kevin Covais to Gedeon and Will, I fear for the future of our country.

3/10/2006 10:58 AM  
Blogger Red Fraggle said...

I was really shocked. I was even surprised about Kinnik going--I know L.I.W. called it, but I thought it would have been Melissa and Ayla. Oh well--Melissa will have her day soon.

Kevin still being in the competition scares me. I can see him getting very far with the pity vote. Kind of like Jasmine Trias beating out LaToya (although the Hawaii vote was a big factor in Jasmine's favor).

3/10/2006 3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home