Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Monday, September 24, 2007

Fall TV: Monday

Oh my gosh. The fall TV season starts like tonight. Unless you count the shows that started last week. Here's the Monday schedule (new shows in bold):

8:00 -- Dancing With the Stars (ABC), How I Met Your Mother (CBS), Prison Break (Fox), Chuck (NBC), Everybody Hates Chris (CW)

8:30 -- The Big Bang Theory (CBS), Aliens in America (CW)

9:00 -- Two and a Half Men (CBS), Heroes (NBC), K-Ville (Fox), Girlfriends (CW)

9:30 -- Samantha Who? (ABC), Rules of Engagement (CBS), The Game (CW)

10:00 -- The Bachelor (ABC), CSI Miami (CBS), Journeyman (NBC), The Hills (MTV), Weeds (Showtime)

10:30 -- Californication (Showtime)

What am I going to watch, you ask?

I think at 8, I'll watch "Chuck." I saw the pilot on demand and it was pretty good -- about a guy who dropped out of Stanford and now works at a big box store as a tech "nerd" and had all of the government's secrets downloaded into his brain and now has to fight crime. The lead actor, Zach Levi, is pretty appealing. Created by "O.C.'s" Josh Scwhartz. Last year, I watched "Prison Break" off and on. While is an objectively bad show, there is something sort of compelling about it. I think that would be Wentworth Miller and William Fitchner. Every time I've seen "How I Met Your Mother" I've really liked it and Neil Patrick Harris's character is great, but I just can't get into sitcoms. I also saw the pilot of "The Big Bang Theory." It's so bad. It actually has a laugh track, which just seems archaic. I can't believe the good reviews its getting.

At 9, "Heroes," of course. I really like Anthony Anderson of "K-Ville," and I think that a show about post-Katrina New Orleans has a lot of potential. "Samantha Who?" stars Christina Applegate, and the reviews I've seen have been bad.

At 10, nothing! I saw the pilot of "Journeyman" -- about a guy who travels through time to save people's lives and stuff. There was nothing wrong with it, but haven't I seen this show and read this book already? Yes, I have.