Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

A ticket to Dillon, TX

Wouldn't it be sad if the best show on television were canceled and you never even watched? For those of you who don't tune into Friday Night Lights, it very well might happen.

But it's not too late to start. I know a ton of people were saying that they just hadn't gotten around to watching season one and were waiting for it to come out on DVD. Well, it's here. And what's more, if you don't like it, NBC will give you all of your money back. But you know what? I guarantee you won't ask for your money back. It is really that good. Season one might be the most perfect season of any show that I have ever watched. (And you know I watch a lot of television.)

Season two premieres on October 5. So buy season one (or get it on Netflix, or just watch it for free on NBC.com). Then start watching season two. If you don't get through season one by October 5, just start DVRing season two. It's that easy. And I guarantee you will thank me for telling you to do this.

If that's not enough to convince you, even The Sports Guy is asking everyone to start watching. He's right, it is the best sports series ever made. Except it really isn't a sports series. The football is just part of the backdrop of an excellent show about relationships and life in a small town in Texas. (And I'm from New York, so if I can like a show about small town Texas, anyone can.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home