Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Monday, September 24, 2007

Worst New Fall Show?

Comcast On Demand has an amazing feature for television addicts (like me). In preparation of the new fall television season, they are providing some "sneak peaks" of upcoming shows. I was excited that Big Shots was included among these previews. Why? Because Big Shots is a show featuring Michael Vartan. And Dylan McDermott, Christopher Titus and Joshua Malina. But really, the only reason I care is Michael Vartan. (Note how his grey suit in the photo at right sets him apart from his less-hot co-stars.)

ABC is billing the show as "Desperate Housewives for men," and the premise is pretty simple. It is about four guys who are friends and at the top of their chosen careers, and have various problems with women.

It is so very bad. So bad that I couldn't sit through the five minute preview provided to Comcast by ABC. One has to assume that the preview is the best the show has to offer, and it was, quite literally, unwatchable. The dialogue is just awful. Despite ABC's assurance that this is what it is like when men talk to each other, not one bit of it seemed genuine. Guys don't go around talking about how much the women in their lives control them. In fact, I don't think guys go around talking about the women in their lives much at all.

A huge thumbs-down. If you don't believe me, feel free to watch a preview here. I actually haven't viewed this, but I am totally certain it, too, is horrible. And if that doesn't convince you, feel free to tune in Thursday at 10 p.m., ET.

No amount of eye candy is going to save this one.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree less. I saw this pilot already and loved it! It is refreshing to see a show that doesn't tak itself seriously. I laughed a lot. It's very funny, the guys are fantastic (as are the women). The show is a total sex romp. If you like these actors, you'll love it.

Merri :)

9/25/2007 11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home