Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Where did Jon Favreau go?

The above picture is from last year, and, as you can see, Mr. Favreau is none too thin. In fact, he looks like he ate Mikey. (That's his character from Swingers. I was just shocked to realize that Swingers came out more than a decade ago. I feel old.)

Two nights ago, Mrs. Bartender was watching The Ten, as I was trying to fall asleep. (I swear that sentence is true.) They were doing a story on Iron Man (already getting great buzz as one of the big movies of next year (coming May 2, 2008) and starring Robert Downey, Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, and Terrence Howard), when they interview the director. It takes me a second before I realize it is an unrecognizabloe Favreau. He must have dropped about 100 pounds. Perhaps he's hoping to play a super hero in the future and not Comic Book Guy.