Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The Other Laura's Movie Reviews

As I mentioned below, I was thwarted in my goal to see 3 movies in 3 days by unanticipated crowds at the theater yesterday, but now that I'm jobless, I think I can make up for it. I saw 2 movies this weekend, neither of which will ever be nominated for an Oscar, but both kept me entertained for a couple of hours.

We Are Marshall - if you're one of those unfortunate people (like Cameron Diaz's character in The Holiday) who can't cry, this movie should cure you of that. Since the preview made me cry every time it played, I came prepared with a hankerchief. But one wasn't enough. I cried at least 4 or 5 times. And as Bailey and I were sniffling our way out of the theater, we overheard a guy saying that he'd counted himself tearing up 8 times. So . . . be warned.

Night at the Museum - It was a fun movie, it was funny, it wasn't brilliant. Museum was playing next door to Rocky Balboa, and I have to admit I expected that the large group of body builders in line in front of me were headed for that. I was wrong. Oops. It was just the first instant judgment that was overturned by this little movie because I didn't find the Ricky Gervais character even a little amusing, but I found Robin Williams' character charming. What the hell? That's not the way this is supposed to go!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home