Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

NOOOOOOO!

It is starting. The first airline, Emirates, will be allowing cell phone calls on planes. And the FAA is considering allowing it in the US. I have no problem with people using PDAs in flight (assuming there is no safety issue). Heck, I don't really have a problem with PDA in flight unless it involves the couple sitting next to me and they start entering my personal space. But I like being able to relax on a flight, do some work, or, as is my usual wont, get in some good reading. Now if everyone can jabber while on board . . . . Well, it will be a nightmare.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bailey Quarters said...

To me, it's even worse to listen in on the conversations about nothing that people seem to have with their friends and significant others. "I just got on the plane."

I'm not a phone talker, so this behavior baffles me.

12/21/2006 12:17 PM  
Blogger Red Fraggle said...

I'm totally a "I just got on the plane" person. My mom needs that reassurance, even after more than 10 years of me on my own. But that's before the plane takes off. Having that go on for the entire plane ride would be pretty horrid.

I have taken the Metro-North commuter train in and out of NYC during rush hour, however, and people on that train rarely use their cells in a voice above a whisper. It is an unspoken rule that one must be quiet to respect their fellow passengers. But somehow I can't see plane travelers being as courteous.

12/21/2006 10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home