Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

The Duel

MTV's newest Real World/Road Rules Challenge is entitled The Duel, and it features more of an every-person-for-him/herself concept than in the past. As with most other seasons, however, each episode ends with two people competing against each other, with the loser going home.

Spoilers ahead

This past week, Wes, who has been forced to compete (and has emerged successfully) in a number of one-on-one challenges, due in large part to his unpopularity, took on small but scrappy Derrick, who beat four men larger than he in last year's Gauntlet II. Wes was victorious, sending Derrick home. After being eliminated, Derrick interviewed that "I'm gonna go home, and reevaluate what I wanna do with my life."

Really? You lose a round of Real World/Road Rules Challenge and you need to reevaluate your life plan? Although maybe that's not such a bad idea when your life plan appears to be "Compete in Real World/Road Rules Challenge indefinitely."

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura Ingalls Wilder said...

I can't get enough of these RW/RR challenges. I'm particularly into this season because I'm super fascinated with CT and Diem's relationship. I can't believe Wes keeps prevailing in the duel, though. I find him to be one of the most painfully annoying cast member ever. And Johanna dates this dude? Eek.

Speaking of the Real World, how awesome is this season in Denver? Love it.

12/14/2006 10:51 AM  
Blogger Red Fraggle said...

What I want to know is what happened with Derrick and Diem? After the last Challenge there were obviously romantic sparks. Did it all just drop? I'd like some explanation.

12/14/2006 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home