Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Monday, October 23, 2006

I've Been Hornswaggled!

I was a little puzzled when I saw that the boy scouts had a new "pirating" merit badge. But after a moment's thought, it was clear that this would be the most awesome merit badge ever. Surely, you would have to know a little bit about tying knots, rowing, and coin collecting, at the very least. A truly interdisciplinary feat.

You can imaging my disappointment when I clicked on the link to learn that the badge is awarded to kids who complete a course sponored by the MPAA to teach them about respecting copyrights. That's lame, mateys.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Oh, I would so join a group that offered a pirating badge. I want to climb ropes, talk to parrots and dig through chests of gold.

And how dull would the actual badge have to be to earn. Booooooooooooooring!

10/24/2006 11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home