Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

DVD Recommendation of the Day -- Rescue Me

If you are looking for a new TV show to start watching on DVD, I highly recommend Rescue Me. I think there have been three seasons so far, and I'm almost done with Season One. It's awesome. Love it.

Dennis Leary and a host of others play NY firefighters in a post-9/11 world. The characters' family lives are a big part of the story too. The entire cast is great, the writing is sharp (and oftentimes hilarious), and the story lines are gripping. It took me a few episodes to get into it, but now I can't wait to keep watching.

Also, the 9/11 references and related stories are not gratuitous. They are subtle and important and make the show even more poignant.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger thekeez said...

Luv how Tommy regularly sums it all up: "It's the black rage..." Awesome show, great cast - especially enjoy Homicide alumns Callie Thorn and Dean Winters but I'm a geek about that stuff...thekeez

9/14/2006 9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home