Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Project Runway


Red didn't do her usual post about Project Runway last week, so I just want to post a couple of thoughts before this week's episode airs. First, I love Michael and I was so happy to see him win. And I liked his outfit even if hot pants are ridiculous. But the absolute best thing was when he said "I'm not trying to play Captain Save-A-Ho, as we say in the hood." Would Captain Save-A-Ho be like the most awesome superhero ever? Also, this really isn't relevant, but is Michael gay or not? My gaydar is failing me on that one.

Kayne is starting to annoy me. I was not thrilled with the way he handled the whole Keith thing last week. First, why not talk to Keith himself? Second, when Keith apologized, he really was not gracious at all. Then this week, the way he talked about his model I thought was really rude. Sure, she seemed like an airhead, but he was very contemptuous of her. Not a great attitude for someone who makes his living catering to women. I also did not get the love for his dress. It clung to his model's butt in a way that I did not think was flattering at all. Finally, his pageant background gives me the creeps. If you've seen Little Miss Sunshine, you know what I'm talking about.

Finally, poor, poor Bradley. I'll miss him. I have to admit that he's not a great fashion designer, and it's not clear why he was chosen for the show. I was willing to overlook the weird wrap thing in the first challenge, because it did look sort of like one of those avant-garde Japanese designers. And I didn't really like that gold top in the third week, but the judges seemed to like it. And the brown pants fiasco last week could have been Bonnie's fault. But this week it became clear that he doesn't really know what he's doing. How do you not know who Cher is? All that being said, I still liked him just because of his interviews. He either had an extremely dry sense of humor or was just amiably dopey. I couldn't tell; I just know he cracked me up.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Laura Ingalls Wilder said...

Totally agree on all fronts. And also curious about Michael's sexual orientation. I sorta love him. He's my current favorite.

8/15/2006 8:48 PM  
Blogger Red Fraggle said...

I was confused about Michael's sexual orientation until about the middle of the episode when my gaydar started to ping. It might have been the Capt. Save-a-Ho comment that did it. So my vote is gay.

And like everyone else, Michael is my current favorite. I really like Robert as well and as sad to see him do poorly two weeks in a row. I'm hoping for a bit of a comeback tonight.

My other favorite outfit from last week was Angela's (I was so surprised that she was excited to get Audrey Hepburn--I was sure she would want Madonna) and I actually liked Jeffrey's Madonna costume as well. It was costume-y, but it was Madonna, so it had to be.

And Bailey, I agree about Kayne on all counts. I thought he was so rude to Keith after Keith apologized (as I pointed out in my post after that episode) and the butt on this outfit was way tight--just like the butt on the Miss America outfit. If all he can do is a snug behind, I don't think he's going much further.

8/16/2006 2:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

201510.16dongdong
michael kors outlet
ugg boots for women
Abercrombie & Kent Luxury Travel
coach outlet store online
nike air max 90
mihchael kors bag
100% Authentic New Lerbron James Shoes
coach outlet online
Official Coach Online Factory Sale
true religion jeans
Louis Vuitton Purses For Cheap
ralph lauren uk
ugg boots sale
coach factory outlet
hollister uk sale
Authentic Air Jordan 13 shoes for sale
michael kors outlet online
hollister clothing
ugg outlet
Designer Louis Vuitton Bags Discount
jordan shoes
Louis Vuitton Canada Official Site
Authentic Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet Sale
michael kors bags
ugg boots sale
cheap ugg boots
Michael Kors Handbags Clearance Outlet

10/15/2015 11:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

coach store
coach outlets stores
kate spade bags
kate spade outlet
Michael Kors Store
michael kors handbags
michael kors jewelry
Cheap Michael Kors
michael kors wallets
Michael Kors Sale
michael kors purses
michael kors Premium Outlets
michael kors tote
michael kors hamilton
jordan shoes
jordan 13
nike hyperdunk 2015
lebron 12
nike air max thea
nike air max 2016
nike free flyknit
nike free run 2015
Red Bottom Shoes
Red Bottom Shoes For Women
mbt shoes sale
Buy mbt shoes online
fitflops clearance
fitflop shoes
Kobe 9 Elite
Nike Huarache Nm

3/26/2016 6:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

north face soldes
dansko outlet
michael kors handbags
canada gooses
michael kors
ugg outlet
the north face
fitflops
the north face
mizuno
2017.11.25chenlixiang

11/24/2017 6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home