Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Tasteless

I saw this at a newsstand on my way into work this morning and really couldn't believe how incredibly tasteless it is. No matter what Lay did, he's dead and not in some mysterious way that practically begs for twisted headlines and mysterious jokes (i.e. "disappearing" from a boat in the middle of the ocean or leaving his car parked in the middle of a bridge). The man had a heart attack for christ sake! And, presumably, he's got a grieving family, and this is completely disgusting. Seriously, I know the Post is a tabloid, but isn't this going beyond the pale? It sounds like something you'd say in a joking way to friends with a macabre sense of humor, not expect to see blaring at you while buying a pack of gum.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bailey Quarters said...

I had seen that earlier, but I just got the "Cheato Lay" joke. Lame.

There was an interesting essay in the Post today about reaction to Lay's death.

7/06/2006 3:43 PM  
Blogger Laura Ingalls Wilder said...

I totally agree with Holt that the headline is tasteless and utterly inappropriate. Shame on the Post.

7/06/2006 4:22 PM  
Blogger Red Fraggle said...

The Post is the most embarassing rag ever. I am not in the least surprised.

7/06/2006 5:20 PM  
Blogger Bailey Quarters said...

I should clarify that the article I linked to was in the other Post. The good one.

7/06/2006 5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home