Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Skinny skinny

So this is the newest cover of Us Weekly.



And I have to admit I have a little bit of a problem with it. I'm the first one to call out anorexic celebrities, but why this sudden uproar over Keira Knightley? Is she really any thinner than she has ever been? Now, I'm not saying she doesn't have an eating problem (I'm not saying she does either), but I remember when I watched her in the first Pirates of the Carribbean, wondering how one could possibly be so thin and whether she was anorexic. I honestly don't think she looks any different now. So why is everyone going crazy about her weight now? Why not three years ago?

As for Bosworth, I truly do think that she has a problem. However, the photo of her from Blue Crush is a little unfair to run. She gained weight for the movie (I know, it's not what I would look like if I tried to gain weight, but still). It would be like running a photo of Renee Zellweger from the Bridget Jones days and again now to illustrate that she had an eating problem. Not quite fair. And the thing with Bosworth is that her weight loss is so dramatic that they could run photos of her at her more "normal" size and the difference would still be striking.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger thekeez said...

I think the Keira-anorexia buzz got going because of that brown dress she's wearing there on the cover of the magazine.

It was shot at some Pirates red carpet premeire event and she'd oiled herself up with something that may have looked fine in person, but it made every bone in her bod jump out in the photographs - very skeletal.

I haven't tracked it too closely but it seems the buzz got going after those photos were published...thekeez

7/12/2006 1:28 PM  
Blogger Red Fraggle said...

Yes--you are definitely right--the buzz definitely took off after the Pirates premiere. I honestly think that if you look past the "oil" and the style of the dress, however, she looks the same as she has always looked.

After seeing her in that dress she was asked whether she had an eating disorder and she said that she didn't, but that many in her family had and so she took them very seriously. Maybe I'm naive, but I actually bought it.

7/12/2006 1:32 PM  
Blogger thekeez said...

Saw Pirates last nite - Keira looked great.

Though there was one scene in which it must have been miserably hot and humid because her face (and everyone else in the scene) was totally flushed and splotchy...thekeez

7/14/2006 10:24 AM  
Blogger jeje said...

air max 95
cheap jordans
kyrie irving shoes
100% real jordans for cheap
jordan shoes
yeezy boost 350 v2
longchamp
nike air max 2016
air max
dior sunglasses

11/20/2017 8:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, obat vitiligo di apotik
obat infeksi saluran kemih
obat gatal gatal di seluruh badan

3/23/2018 12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home