A2 or Medellin
SPOILERS. So last night after returning from the left coast, Mrs. Bartender and I caught up on the last 2 weeks of Entourage. Some pretty interesting developments, most particularly the direction Vince's career is going to take as well as Turtle getting a career. I'm just going to make some random observations:
1. Very glad that the Dom arc lasted only 2 episodes. Don't think I could have handled it much longer, and I like how they got rid of him. Stealing Shrek--nice.
2. Hadn't seen Bruno Kirby in a while, and he seems to have put on a few pounds in the interim. Interesting, he played the Young Clemenza in GF2 and is now looking like he could play Clemenza from GF. (That's Godfather for those of you not in the know.)
3. I thought Paul Haggis's cameo was brilliant. His discussion of learning to love Escobar was almost believable. I was not a big Crash fan, but he redeemed himself here, and a nice Facts of Life crack.
4. Vince is finally developing some sense of himself as an actor and a business man. He is quickly learning how Hollywood operates--nice slam of Michael Bay, the putative director of A2. Cameron ain't doing this sequel and WB is just looking to make a buck. Vince is, for once, learning to play the game and actually wants to be an actor. We'll see.
5. Turtle and Drama are at least trying (the former more successfully) to do something not wholly reliant on Vince. Again, I doubt this will be huge, but they need to be more than simple comic relief.
That's all for now.