Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Pirates!

I was one of the people who made this the biggest opening weekend ever for Pirates of the Caribbean. I've always meant to do a long, detailed, post on how much I love pirate movies, everything from Captain Blood to The Pirate to The Princess Bride. Basically, anything with sails and sword fights that could reasonably be described as swashbuckling I adore and so, despite the middling reviews, it should come as no surprise when I tell you that I loved the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie. Love. Johnny Depp is such a fantastic pirate that I didn't care how weird and rambling the plot is, or how frustrating it was for the movie to essentially end in the middle of the action. (It's sort of a Perils of Pauline franchise, but instead of having to wait until next week to find out if our hero/ine gets rescued we have to wait until next Memorial Day. Argh!) Instead, I just sat back and watched the swash be buckled and enjoyed every minute.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Bailey Quarters said...

How did you feel about "Master and Commander"? No pirates, but plenty of shipboard action.

7/10/2006 10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home