Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Monday, July 24, 2006

And the winner is . . .

Last week I asked all of you to make a movie recommendation for me and Mrs. Bartender. We had a four way tie among Pirates, Superman, A Scanner Darkly, and Clerks II. Each had a whopping one vote. So after much consultation with Mrs. Bartender, we decided to see Clerks II. I was a little apprehensive. I had seen the original in Madrid of all places, enjoyed it, but honestly did not remember a ton of it. But I was very pleasantly surprised. The movie doesn't do a lot in terms of plot (although there is one), but it is quite entertaining with a number of laugh out loud moments. Let's just say that one involves Buffalo Bill and another a donkey. I'll leave it at that. The guy who plays Dante is not the world's greatest actor, but Rosario Dawson is great (albeit perhaps a little too good looking) and Jay and Silent Bob are hysterical. So if you want a good laugh, go out and see this film. (Btw, my wife had not seen the original, and I can't imagine that really affects one's ability to be amused by this film.)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

8/10/2006 6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home