Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I Will Certainly Be Seeing This Movie



















I have found the movies written and directed by Christopher (Baron) Guest to be some of the funniest movies ever made. Waiting for Guffman, Best in Show, and A Mighty Wind are all great films, and I even went to see the cast of A Mighty Wind perform in DC several years ago. (Although a Rob Reiner film, Spinal Tap staring many of the same actors including Guest is clearly the progenitor of these films.) This year we will be getting the fourth film in Guest's oeuvre, For Your Consideration. It is about "three actors whose performances in an independent movie ("Home for Purim") get awards-season buzz that changes their lives." Hat tip, CNN. How can this not be great.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Red Fraggle said...

Okay, I am reluctant to admit this, but... I saw Best in Show and Waiting for Guffman and they were okay, but I didn't love them.

I always kind of feel like perhaps there is something wrong with me because of this.

7/27/2006 11:30 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

"Home for Purim" is the name of the fake movie? I'm dying already!

I loved Best in Show the most of his movies. But this one sounds like a good one, too.

7/28/2006 10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

8/12/2006 7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home