Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

What Law Professors Do

I'm sure you really don't care, but because it's relevant to this post, I'm going to let you know that Isaac is an alumnus of the Yale Law School of Bartending. Why am I telling you this? Well, it seems that the faculty there has more important things to do than teaching. Three years ago, my contracts/mixed drinks professor, Stephen Carter, published this well received mystery novel. Last night, I was reading the Yale Law Journal . . . er, Entertainment Weekly, only to stumble upon an item that my criminal law/tropical drinks prof, Jed Rubenfeld, has his own murder mystery coming out. Egad, it's true, and it's available on September 5, 2006. Having heard Jed pontificate on justice and asking the deep ethical question of "do you eat the boy" (see Regina v. Dudley and Stephens (a case where they actually eat the cabin boy, and if you are interested, you can read about it here)), I fear what this novel will bring. It does, however, make me want to become a professor of law/mixology, seeing how much free time one seems to have.