Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Friday, June 02, 2006

In Today's Style Section

Robin Givhan comes down strongly against flip-flops, saying that:
Flip-flops should be paired with surf shorts and swimsuits; they should be found on beaches and in public showers. Exceptions can be made for walking the dog, watering the lawn, taking out the trash and ensuring that a fresh pedicure makes it from salon to home without getting smudged.
I personally don't wear flip flops because I don't like having things between my toes. But I think that some of my fellow junkettes will take issue with this.

She also gives a conditional approval to leggings, calling them "in theory . . . a charmingly bohemian style." Which -- no. Fortunately, she seems to recognize that in practice they almost always look bad.

On a completely unrelated note, boy wonder Freddy Adu is turning 17 today. Happy birthday Freddy! Too bad about missing out on the World Cup roster.