Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

So You Think You Can Dance? (Dance? Dance?)

I started watching last night's episode pretty late, and told myself I'd just watch one routine, and then I'd go to bed, and then I'd think "just one more" and you can see where this is going, I watched the whole two hour shebang, and it was awesome. Just a few thoughts.

Why were the judges so nice to Musa's quick-step routine? I know he tried, but he was HORRIBLE! It was more of a slow trot than a quick step. I think it's great that they gave him credit for trying so hard at something that was so far out of his expertise (he's a breakdancer or something? sorry, didn't watch the auditions), but where was this consideration for the poor contemporary dancers stuck doing hip-hop last week? Or with Aleksandra's waltz? They brutalized that poor girl and her waltz was about a 1000 times better than Musa's quick-step (which shows just how bad Musa's quick-step was). The contemporary dancers really seem to bring out the meanness in these judges.

On a more positive note, Heidi really pulled off that Cuban rhumba routine. It really was fantastic, and I wished Mia was on the judging panel to tell her that whatever groundedness she lacked during her pop routine last week, was more than there during the sexy, wild, rhumba. And, of course, the choreography was amazing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the best show on television! And, for once, I think the judges kicked off the right dancers this week. Ben's solo performance was pathetic, and I'm still trying to figure out how Alex made it on the show at all after her uninspired dance from last week. I wish that there were more dancing shows on tv.

6/30/2006 1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home