Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

From the Annals of Dubious Motivational Techniques

Did anyone catch Mike Wise's column in yesterday's Post about what a badass Pat Riley used to be? This was definitely my favorite part:

I want the Gordon Gekko character back. I want the guy who once asked his players how much they really wanted to win and proceeded to submerge his head in a bucket of ice for two minutes, until the veins in his neck and forehead were about to burst and his players were about to pull him out. Emerging from the water, his face frozen pink, he blurted out, "You got to want it till your last breath!"


I will certainly try to remember that the next time I'm trying to motivate my colleagues to write a really good brief. Unfortunately, I don't often have a bucket of ice handy.

1 Comments:

Blogger t.s. said...

If you really want to motivate people, you have to prepare properly.

6/14/2006 12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home