Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

It's Over

Here is Heather Havrilesky's list of the best shows of the past TV season (in no particular order, she says):

Best Shows of the Fall 2005 - Spring 2006 Season

1. "Veronica Mars" 2. "Big Love" 3. "Lost" 4. "The Colbert Report" 5. "24" 6. "Project Runway" 7. "The Sopranos" 8. "Battlestar Galactica" 9. "The Shield" 10. "The Office" 11. "The Daily Show" 12. "The Amazing Race," "America's Next Top Model," "Survivor" 13. "Weeds" 14. "Arrested Development"

I don't watch The Colbert Report, The Office, or Weeds (no Showtime). And I gave up on Survivor a few seasons ago. But I watch and like all of the rest. (Yep, that's a lot of TV.)

Is anything missing? I'm sure that there would be a few votes for Grey's Anatomy; not from me though. I really liked Thief.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Laura Ingalls Wilder said...

How could American Idol be left off the list? Blasphemy!

5/31/2006 3:56 PM  
Blogger Red Fraggle said...

Wow. I watch a LOT of these shows, but I was surprised by how many I don't watch. I didn't watch
The Colbert Report, 24, Battlestar Galactica, The Shield, The Office, The Daily Show, America's Next Top Model, Survivor( although I used to) or Arrested Development.

I agree with Wilder that AI should be on the list. I won't add Entourage, since it aired during the summer last year and doesn't seem to fit into her parameters.

My top 10 list:
Amazing Race
Lost
Veronica Mars
Project Runway
Big Love
Weeds
Sopranos
American Idol
Las Vegas
The New Adventures of Old Christine (probably deserves its own post from me at some point)

With honorable mentions to
Ed vs. Spencer
The Real Housewives of Orange County

5/31/2006 7:55 PM  
Blogger Laura Ingalls Wilder said...

Red, would love to hear your thoughts on The New Adventures of Old Christine. Interesting!

Bailey - we never talked about what you thought about the season finale of 24. I could post about that, I guess. I think the actor who played President Logan deserves an Emmy. Seriously.

5/31/2006 8:08 PM  
Blogger Red Fraggle said...

Oh, and I can't believe I forgot South Park. Still quite strong, particularly this season's "Gingers" episode, and the return of Toweleeie. Yes, that's how he spells his name.

5/31/2006 8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

6/11/2006 6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A fantastic blog yours. Keep it up.
If you have a moment, please visit my based business home idea work site.
I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.

7/19/2006 9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home