Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Chinese Democracy

I'll cop to a sick fascination with Axl Rose. I find him compelling in a kooky and slightly sad Brian Wilson way, rather than a hide-the-kids completely depressing Michael Jackson way. CNN is reporting that he gave a radio interview today (his first since 2002!) and said that the long-awaited Guns 'n Roses album Chinese Democracy would be out this fall.

Take note that the interview was brought about when Sebastian Bach, formerly of Skid Row, called Axl Rose on his cell phone. Can I tell you how much it cracks me up to think of these two aging rockers, one with an awesome role on Gilmore Girls, calling each other to chit chat?


Axl: "Dude, Lorelei is hot, do you think she's going to end up back with Christopher?"



Sebastian: "Dude, I don't know. But how awesome was my bat mitzvah cover of Hollaback Girl?"





I'll believe there is actually an album called Chinese Democracy when I see it in stores. If you haven't already read it, check out this April Fool's "review" of Chinese Democracy by Chuck Klosterman.

2 Comments:

Blogger Red Fraggle said...

I used to be totally obsessed with Axl Rose when I was about 14. And I still think "Appetite for Destruction" is a great, great album. But I can't look at Axl in the same way since reading an article about his ex-girlfriend Erin Everly (aka the ass in the "Sweet Child O' Mine video" and daughter of one of the Everly Brothers) in which she claimed he would lock her in a closet for days, made her act as a sex slave, etc. There were similar rumors from other former...girlfriends? conquests? It scared me.

5/09/2006 8:44 AM  
Blogger Bailey Quarters said...

As I was telling Holt, I happened to see the last few minutes of the 40 Greatest Metal Songs on VH1 this weekend. Sebastian Bach was the host! #2 was "Welcome to the Jungle," and they showed a live version of it. Axl used to be so hot.

5/09/2006 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home