Boys Rule on Idol
The women last night were either painful or forgettable and so not worth blogging about. Even the usual stand-outs like Paris and Lisa were pretty bad. And although Mandisa seemed to get the best reaction from the judges, I wasn't particularly blown away. The fast-paced songs from her don't do it for me; I prefer her singing the make-the-hair-on-your-arm-stand-up ballads. I prefer everyone singing ballads for that matter. Except Kevin Covais that is. Which brings me to the boys.
I thought the boys were a far cry better than the girls. Almost all of them were good. Except Kevin Covais. I just don't get it. I can't believe he is on this show. Not only do I think he is awkward to watch, but I don't even think he has a good voice. I'm completely puzzled about what he's doing in this competition and why the judges keep acting like he's remotely good.
As for the others:
1. Gideon - I really like him. He does talk really slow, though. I may also be biased because When A Man Loves A Woman was my wedding song.
2. Bucky - I thought he was pretty good. Not great, and he'll probably go home tomorrow, but I still think he has a nice raspy country rock voice. And he seems like a very good and genuine soul.
3. Chris - I thought he was pretty awesome. I'm a big fan of his voice. Though he's going to run out of those type of songs pretty quickly so he better be good at another genre too. Especially once it gets down to the final 12 and they make them sing a different genre each week.
4. Will - He's just so precious and I actually enjoyed his performance. And he is learning Japanese! Simon was particularly harsh to him tonight. Boo Simon.
5. Taylor - By far my favorite. I thought he was amazing tonight. Even with my eyes open.
6. Elliott - I can't get over how good his voice is. Not my favorite song choice, but I could listen to his voice for hours.
7. Ace - I guess it was good. I'm still deciding. In any case, he's really hot.
My predictions to go home:
Kinnik, Melissa, Kevin, and either Bucky or Will.
Labels: American Idol