Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Project Runway

I don't know how to do links in comments, so I'm posting here to pictures of the collections: here's Chloe, Daniel, and Santino. And also Kara. (She's pretty out there -- nothing like what we saw on the show -- but I like some of her dresses.)

I was surprised to see Chloe win. I didn't like her fabrics and she didn't seem to have a "point of view" as they say. On the other hand some of her dresses were gorgeous -- especially the one Grace wore, and the brown one. She's also the most likeable, I think. I loved Daniel throughout, but he really seemed to get a little arrogant toward the end.

As for Daniel's collection, sure it was the only one that I could imagine wearing, but that's because it's sportswear. But I really didn't like the leather jerkin thing (why go there again), or the brocade fabric, or the little badges, or a lot of the necklines of the tops. I also thought the hem of the coat looked uneven. And some of the pants looked almost like leggings.

I really warmed to Santino over these last two shows, and I think his collection was the prettiest. But I see what they mean about the fit, and I think that echoes a theme throughout the show, which is that Santino seems to forget that clothes are made for people to wear. Specifically, women.

Update: More Project Runway links: Tim Gunn's blog; and Heather Havrilesky agrees with Red Fraggle (warning: ad viewing required).

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Red Fraggle said...

As I was flipping through the photos online, I remembered something I forgot to put in my post--

One of Chloe's models (she was wearing a long-sleeved blue dress that was backless) had a tan line right below her shoulder blades. It was SO distracting and I immediately noticed it when she turned around on the runway.

Tan lines are one of my pet peeves (nothing worse than someone in a strapless dress with a tan line of halter straps). She is a MODEL. Isn't part of her job ensuring that she doesn't have a visible tan lines?

And shouldn't Chloe have put her in a different, non-backless dress? I'm not sure whether that is expected of a designer. It drove me CRAZY. (If you go to Bailey's Chloe link, it can be seen in picture 11 of 14.)

3/09/2006 12:56 PM  
Blogger Bailey Quarters said...

I noticed that too, but I didn't bother me as much as Red. Still, couldn't they have put makeup on her back or something?

3/09/2006 6:14 PM  
Anonymous cheapjerseyswholesale said...

I added this article to my favorites and plan to return to digest more soon. It’s easy to read and understand as well as intelligent. I truly enjoyed my first read through of this article. cheapjerseyswholesale

1/11/2021 8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home