Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Burn Notice: pretty hot

I know it's been quite some time since I last posted, and I apologize. Like Junkettes Holt, Isaac and Bailey before me, I have left my job. It's crazy to think that when we started this blog all five Junkettes worked at the same place, and now only Wilder is left there. In addition to leaving the old job, I have started a new one, so things have been hectic. (Perhaps you can forgive me for the cheesy post title because of my major life upheaval?)

But not too hectic to watch some television. Of course, there isn't much on these days, so I decided to rent season one of Burn Notice. I made this choice because, as I previously blogged, I now love Tricia Helfer and she has joined the cast for season two. I didn't have high hopes for this show, since it is billed as a spy show. Sure, I loved Alias, but this is a spy show without Sydney Bristow.

After watching two episodes, however, I now officially love this show! Unlike so many other spy shows, it's not heavy. The lead is really good looking, there is an underlying mystery (why has our hero been given a burn notice, blacklisting him from all intelligence agencies?), and he solves the problem of some poor sap in each episode. Plus, Sharon Gless (last seen playing a psychotic teddy bear maker on Nip/Tuck) does a great job playing his very annoying mother. I'm not sure how I feel about Gabrielle Anwar and her ever-changing accent as our hero's ex-girlfriend, but I'll give her a chance.

It's a pretty show--it takes place in Miami so there are a lot of bright colors and ocean shots--and is an easy, fun watch. I'm glad I added it to my Netflix queue (and I'm already DVRing season two, so I can begin watching once I'm done with season one).

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Corina said...

I can't believe I didn't blog about this last summer! I really like this show. Especially the voiceovers where Michael tells us how to do spy-type things. I also totally love Sam. He's adorable.

(And don't worry about Gabrielle Anwar, the accent eventually disappears for good.)

7/30/2008 7:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I really like Michael and I hope eventually Michael and Fiona end up together. Don't get me wrong I think if they got together no it would ruin the show. I like seeing all the tension between them and the jealousy;-)

I also enjoy all the spy stuff to. I find it interesting! Plus Fiona and that Tazer! She is one crazy chick;-)

8/01/2008 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home