Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Monday, June 18, 2007

John from Cincinnati

Like Red and Isaac, I also watched John from Cincinnati last week. But, unlike them, wow, I really didn't like it. At least three of the characters were so annoying that I couldn't wait for them to get off of my TV. That would be Rebecca DeMornay's character, Butchie, and John (the title character). Between the three of them, we're talking about a pretty big chunk of the show that I found unwatchable.

Also, you get the sense that David Milch is so enamored with language that he'd rather have the characters talk than, you know, actually interact with each other. That's not fun. Show, don't tell, David!

All that being said, I do have a Season Pass to this show, and will probably give it a few more episodes.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post.

11/10/2008 9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home