Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

American Idol, End Game

After careful consideration, this is the order that I think the remaining contestants should be voted off:

1) Haley
2) Phil -- he's actually not a bad singer, but so boring and creepy looking.
3) Sanjaya -- not that I like him, but he provides more entertainment value than the other two, and it would not be a travesty if he outlasted them.
4) Lakisha -- she does nothing for me.
5) Chris -- I sort of love him. I like that whole R&B thing and he seems more relevant than a lot of the other contestants. Unfortunately, I have to admit that he's not that good of a singer.
6) Jordin -- this is where it gets hard because I like the remaining three pretty much equally. I think that Jordin is probably the most marketable because she is very attractive and also a good singer. But, right now, she has the least presence.
7) Melinda -- she's clearly the best singer and also a really good performer. But I don't really care all that much about good singing. I mean, Celine Dion and Whitney Houston are good singers, but I don't buy their albums. Which leaves us with . . .
8) Blake. I'm not the die-hard American Idol fan that Wilder and Red are, so I might be wrong about this, but he seems unique in the history of the show. He's not a particularly great singer. And he manages to get by on his performance without being annoyingly cheesy like Taylor Hicks or Justin Guarini or insufferably earnest like Chris Daughtry. And he somehow manages to seem cool, while being on perhaps the least cool show in the world. I would love to see him win. You know he'd pull a Kelly Clarkson and leave the show in his rear view mirror.

Labels: ,