Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Friday, December 15, 2006

Statement of Sacha Baron Cohen re Golden Globe Nomination

"I am extremely honored. I’m very proud as well for my fellow writers as well as our director Larry Charles, and our producer Jay Roach, and am very thankful for the HFPA’s belief and acknowledgment of our film. I have been trying to let Borat know this great news but for the last 4 hours both of Kazakhstan’s telephones have been engaged. Eventually, Premier Nazarbayev answered and said he would pass on the message as soon as Borat returned from Iran, where he is guest of honor at the Holocaust Denial Conference.”

I really hope he wins for best actor, and there is a very good chance he will. The acceptance speech has the potential for high comedy, as I imagine it will be Borat and not Baron Cohen in attendance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home