Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Robbed!

Isaac may not want to talk about the TV nods on the Golden Globes, but I do, if only to start ramping up for my inevitable rant when it's time again for the Emmys. No nominations for The Wire, Friday Night Lights, or Battlestar Galactica? I'm completely and totally appalled that the three best shows on television - by leaps and bounds - didn't merit mention in a single category. Don't get me wrong, I love me some House, but Kyle Chandler on FNL is a revelation. And if I think for more than the time it takes me to write that EVANGELINE LILLY and SARAH PAULSON are nominated for a Golden Globe while Mary McDonnel, who can shred my heart with a lowered eye, is not, my head might just explode.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Red Fraggle said...

I'm also shocked that Friday Night Lights was left off the nomination list. I'm also annoyed, as I was back in July with the Emmy nominations, that the actresses from Big Love were ignored. I would have nominated all three (and voted for Jeanne Tripplehorn for the win). Very disappointing.

12/14/2006 11:12 AM  
Blogger Red Fraggle said...

One plus that I wanted to point out: Justin Kirk, who plays brother-in-law Andy on Weeds was nominated. His character is consistently laugh-out-loud funny, but he is often overlooked in favor of bigger names Mary-Louise Parker, Elizabeth Perkins and Kevin Neelon. So it was nice to see him recognized.

12/14/2006 4:40 PM  
Blogger Bailey Quarters said...

Speaking of Justin Kirk, it was really frustrating how he was overlooked a couple of years ago in all of the awards/nominations for Angels in America. I thought he was excellent in that.

12/14/2006 5:56 PM  
Blogger Laura Ingalls Wilder said...

Isn't Justin Kirk in some new indie movie that is getting rave reviews?

12/14/2006 9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home