Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Monday, November 27, 2006

Britney's New BFF

The Junkettes are uniformly (I think, I haven't taken a formal poll or anything, but I see Outlook voting buttons in our future) rooting for Britney Spears in the post K-Fed era. But replacing K-Fed with Paris Hilton seems, generously, like a bit of a . . . lateral move.

(As a side note, what is up with each of the girls wearing tights with one leg? I'm just starting to get used to leggings, and then they throw this at me?! And I'm not even going to mention the whole red and green Christmas thing they've got going on. Ok, I am. WHAT THE HELL? If ever a photo called for a dual fugging, this is it.)

ETA: The more I look at Britney in this photo, the more I want to poke out my own eyeballs. It's like a "How to Kill Goodwill in 4 Easy Steps" bonanza. Hankerchief bubble hem? Check. Oddly shaped post-pregnancy boobs on full display? Check. Ragged ugly extensions deforming what was a perfectly fine bob? Check. HOLDING HANDS WITH PARIS HILTON?! Check. And also, sigh. To add an air of conspiracy theory craziness to what could just be an ugly photo, photos on PopSugar indicate there may be some digital hanky panky on People's website with respect to the weird one legged stocking effect.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Red Fraggle said...

Total agreement. Definitely a lateral move, if not a step down. I just don't get why so many people choose to hang out with Paris Hilton. By all accounts, she is a complete bitch, really stupid, and really has very few redeeming qualities. So why spend time with her?

Britney also strikes me (and the rest of the world) as pretty dumb, and I have thought she was trashy since she posed on the cover of Rolling Stone at the age of 16 with pigtails and a lollipop in her mouth (way before K-Fed came along), but she doesn't seem mean. So why gallavant with Paris? But maybe I'm giving her too much credit?

As for the stocking on one leg...I have NO idea. Just none. I hope Jessica and Heather do something about this.

11/27/2006 9:36 AM  
Blogger MrMotivation said...

It seems like Britney is ovulating in this photo:

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com
/mld/myrtlebeachonline/living/
home/16094958.htm?source=rss&channel=myrtlebeachonline_home

11/27/2006 1:13 PM  
Blogger Red Fraggle said...

I actually don't think there was digital hanky-panky with the photo that ran in People. The bumps on Paris' bare leg are too noticable for digital remastering, I think.

My theory is that Paris had on stockings and Brit had bare legs when they went out. But after a dozen Red Bulls and two dozen shots, they decided to really cement their new friendship by sharing hose (as opposed to friendship necklaces or a prick of blood), so Paris cut the leg off of one of her hose (or perhaps she was wearing thigh-highs), and gave it to Brit, who put it on her leg so that they could totally match.

11/27/2006 3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home