Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Out of the Closet

Aw, T.R. Knight, better known as George on Grey's Anatomy, just came out of the closet to People. Though when I shared this news with Red, she said "That was pretty well-known on the gossip boards. Did he just come out for real?" I'm obviously not reading enough internet gossip because I hadn't heard that one yet. Either way, it's unclear whether he's legitimately coming "out of the closet" or just talking about it publicly for the first time. (Small difference, but significant I think.) I hope that ever more gay actors can play straight characters without raising eyebrows.

I related closet watching news, Matt and Lance? Still not gay.

1 Comments:

Blogger Red Fraggle said...

I love it! I love his statement--short, to the point, downplaying the whole situation.

My new question is whether Isaiah Washington used a gay slur when he got into a fight with Patrick Dempsey. Those following the story will note that apparently Washington was angry that T.R. Knight was late, and Dempsey defended Knight. But there were rumors that Washington used some not-so-nice words when discussing Knight. I wonder if all of that precipitated this statement.

Regardless, good for him.

10/19/2006 4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home