Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Little Children

Here's my movie pick of the month: Todd Field's masterful Little Children starring Kate Winslet and Patrick Wilson (the hotty to the left). I loved Field's directorial debut -- In the Bedroom -- and his sophomore effort, Little Children, is just as intense and funny and riveting and powerful. Winslet and Wilson are both superb in their roles as bored suburban parents engaged in an adulterous affair and generally hoping for something more passionate out of life. The supporting cast members, including Jennifer Connolly and the guy who plays the neighborhood pedophile, also give memorable performances. I highly recommend the movie. (I saw it in New York - not sure if it's been released nationwide yet.)

If you don't trust me or my movie taste, check out the New York Times' review.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Bailey Quarters said...

I really liked Patrick Wilson (and Justin Kirk) in Angels in America, and was sort of annoyed to seem them both upstaged by Sir Hams-A-Lot, Al Pacino.

10/17/2006 6:23 PM  
Blogger Red Fraggle said...

I'll have to watch this. But warn me in advance--is this movie as emotional and distressing as In the Bedroom? Because if it is...I'm not sure whether I can take it. In the Bedroom upset me for weeks.

10/17/2006 6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home