Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

They're back!

Yes, it's that time of year again. Flowers are blooming, birds are chirping, and the dreaded capri suit is making its return to the fashion scene. I spotted my first capri suit of the season on my way to work today. I do not understand this at all. Okay, I at least understand the theoretical appeal of capris, even if they are unflattering to the overwhelming majority of people in practice. But a capri suit? In what situation is that appropriate? Is there a huge gap in women's wardrobes for outfits to wear to work that make them look ridiculous? ("Hmm . . . . I'd like to look professional today, but not too professional. I know! I'll wear my capri suit!")

4 Comments:

Blogger Red Fraggle said...

And to think one of the biggest issues the dress code committee on which I served dealt with was whether capris should be allowed and, if not allowed on their own, whether having them as part of a suit (which many people said was "polished" and "professional") would make them appropriate.

4/12/2006 5:48 PM  
Blogger t.s. said...

Maybe some people go to lots of office clambakes.

4/12/2006 5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And better than ever. Personally I think the capri is a fashion classic that fits any occasion. I saw a woman wear a capri suit to a black tie State Department affair and thought she looked fabulous. Live a little.

4/15/2006 11:41 AM  
Blogger Bailey Quarters said...

I'm not 100% sure who rlauren is, but I am sure that he or she is trying to lead me astray.

4/17/2006 7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home