Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Isaac Doesn't Shaft South Park?

Not me Isaac, but Isaac Hayes. It seems that the story of Isaac's angrily quitting South Park over its disparaging scientology are a wee bit fishy. He had a stroke back in January and hasn't been saying much of anything of late. His spokesperson seems to be the source of the quotes, and Isaac, who needs the money, may, in fact, be back. See here and here. Yes, I know that the first of these is a Fox source, but they can be right some of the time. (Ask the VP.) I have last night's episode on Tivo, so I don't know exactly what happened with Chef, but I imagine if Isaac is back in the role, it will get a lot of attention.

Of course, I loved the other big story of last week--the war between Tom Cruise and South Park. Now, the MSM played this story as if Tom's big concern was the show's mocking of his "religion." But the title of the episode was "Trapped in the Closet." And Tom spent the whole episode in a closet and being repeatedly told to come out of the closet. And even John Travolta got to join him in the closet. I think Tom may have been a little bit peeved about something else. Now, I have no desire to see MI3, but Phillip Seymour Hoffman as the bad guy is intriguing (and he is getting a much deserved pay day), and Kerri Russell looks way too much like Katie based upon the trailer I saw.

Finally, the movie I am actually looking forward to is Nacho Libre. The plot summary: a Mexican priest who moonlights as a professional wrestler to raise money for his orphanage. Oh yeah, the priest/wrestler is played by Jack Black. My sources (who have seen the movie) tell me it is hillarious. I only wonder if a six-week old will enjoy it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Red Fraggle said...

I, of course, did watch and I can tell you the following [SPOILERS AHEAD]:

Trey and Matt definitely left the door open. The entire episode was about how Chef was brainwashed and the little "I learned something today" was all about how they wanted to remember Chef the way he was, being fun and making them laugh, and not the way he had been "this past week."

Also, although they definitely have their fun "killing" Chef, we see that, much like Anakin Skywalker, he is not gone.

So the door is still open. I'm hoping Isaac comes back.

3/23/2006 5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home