Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Idiocracy

Hi, I'm back, and I will now treat you to some random thoughts. I had occasion recently to see Chris Berman on some football-related ESPN show. My ESPN viewing is usually limited to PTI, so I'm not exposed to his "antics" too often, but holy hell that guy is annoying. I mean "He ... Could ... Go ... All ... The ... Way" was mildly amusing the first one or times I heard it, but the next million or so, not so much. But now he seems to have replaced that with some noise that, in addition to being repetitive and unfunny, is actually sort of painful to listen to. Please stop!

It reminded me of "Idiocracy" -- a really funny movie, which for some reason was released only on DVD -- in which Luke Wilson is put into hibernation and wakes up 500 years later, to find that he is the smartest person on earth. My point is that only by the standards of a seriously debased culture is Chris Berman's schtick even remotely amusing.

Note: no post on Chris Berman could be complete without a link to this classic Deadspin post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home