Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Friday, May 04, 2007

Grey's Anatomy Spinoff

I watched the special two hour Grey's Anatomy last night that was written as sort of a back-door pilot for the proposed spinoff for Addison, and I'm hoping that it gets picked up, because I liked it. Addison is one of the few characters on Grey's that I really love anymore (Addison, take Karev with you, I'm begging!) so for that reason alone I'd follow her. But the new show has a lovely cast. There's Francie from Alias, and Piz from Veronica Mars (playing office eye candy and a possible much younger love interest for Francie), Taye Diggs, that lady from Judging Amy (in a much less annoying character) and one of the guys from Wings. The show is set in L.A., in a wholistic medical center - a sort of co-op for doctors. I'm not sure I buy the premise that the fancy pants super doctor who is Addison would give up her fancy complicated super specialized hospital-based practice to be a plain old Ob-Gyn, but . . . I do really like that they've set up the environment to be so totally different from Seattle Grace - but did they have to bring in an elevator? It's LA! I don't understand why they need an elevator. Anyway, this is my tentative hope that it gets picked up. Although if Addison leaves Seattle Grace and the new show fails I'll be totally heartbroken and expect her to come back to the fold.

5 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

I read somewhere that Kate Walsh (Addison) has it in her contract that if the spinoff gets picked up and then tanks, then she can go back to Grey's. So, no worries.

5/04/2007 10:59 AM  
Blogger OldIdentity said...

I thought the spin-off was horrible. It was torturous to watch. They’re now making Addison out to be a lunatic, and the other characters on the spin-off simply did not seem compelling or endearing. What was up with the “talking” elevator? And how about the ridiculously unbelievable attraction and speedy hook-up between Addison and the guy from Wings? And why is Shonda Rhimes (and whoever is writing this new show) so into divorced people staying friends and working together? This is all just ridiculous. I felt like a perfectly good Grey’s episode was ruined by constant interruptions of peeks into the lives of L.A. characters I couldn’t care less about. The only parts of last night’s episode I liked were Christina’s attempts at being a bride and Meredith getting walloped by her dad…now that was compelling.

5/04/2007 12:17 PM  
Blogger Laura Ingalls Wilder said...

I agree that it was PAINFUL. I pretty much hated every second of it.

5/10/2007 5:10 PM  
Blogger Red Fraggle said...

My comment is very late, but I finally watched the episode and I'm totally with Wilder and Miranda that it was tortuous, horrible and painful to watch. It's like Shonda Rhimes stayed up for a week watching reruns of Ally McBeal and decided to change the place of business from a law firm to a medical center.

I actually ended up fast fowarding past all of the Addison scenes by the second half of the episode. That made everything much better.

5/14/2007 12:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

mulberry, coach outlet, ray ban uk, converse pas cher, michael kors, true religion jeans, vanessa bruno, nike roshe run, replica handbags, hollister pas cher, lacoste pas cher, nike free run uk, hollister, vans pas cher, true religion jeans, true religion jeans, north face, sac guess, sac longchamp, nike free, nike air max, air force, tn pas cher, north face, true religion outlet, new balance pas cher, coach purses, hogan, michael kors, michael kors, burberry, oakley pas cher, michael kors, timberland, ralph lauren pas cher, nike air max, air jordan pas cher, hermes, coach outlet, kate spade outlet, nike air max, lululemon, ralph lauren uk, abercrombie and fitch, louboutin pas cher, kate spade handbags, longchamp pas cher, air max, ray ban pas cher, nike blazer

3/20/2016 10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home