Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Can we stop talking about Harry on the horse now?

As most of you have no doubt already read, J.K. Rowling has announced that the final installment in the Harry Potter series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, will be released on July 21.

I am a big Potter fan, so I'm excited, although I question how Rowling is going to resolve everything in one book. We still need to learn more about Lily and James--I would like to know, among other things, what their professions were, why they had so much money and why Dumbledore had James' invisibility cloak (Rowling has promised that we will learn more about them, particularly about Lily, and she has also said we'll learn more about Petunia Dursley), we need to know why Dumbledore had a "look of triumph" on his face when he found out that Voldemort used Harry's blood to be reborn at the end of The Goblet of Fire, Harry needs to find the remaining Horcruxes, he needs to figure out who RAB is (most people think it is Regalus Black, and Rowling has said this is a good guess), and the question of Severus Snape: Good or Evil?, finally needs to be answered.

Hm...in looking at this list, it doesn't seem like there is that much to resolve. But I remember at the end of Book 6 being overwhelmed by how much there was left to learn. So I'm probably forgetting a lot of stuff. Luckily, I have more than enough time to go back and read all of the books again before book seven is released.

And I'm really hoping that Harry, Hermione, Ron and Ginny make it through book seven alive. I really do want a happy ending.

Labels: