Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Amazing Race All Stars: the teams are announced

The Amazing Race has finally announced all of the teams that will be competing in their All-Star edition. Looks like earlier reports that Colin and Christie would be returning were false, which is disappointing: they were a really strong team, so despite how annoying they were, it would have been nice to see them return.

The teams:
Team Guido (I am most excited about this)
Kevin and Drew (if you have the Guidos, you have to have Kevin and Drew as well)
Team Cha Cha Cha (I know my friend "Willis Jackson" will be thrilled)
Jon-Vito and Jill (unfortunately, they broke up as a couple in real life)
Teri and Ian (the classic Ugly Americans, I'm disappointed they made it)
Charla and Mirna (I'm excited to see how many incredibly difficult challenges Mirna will force Charla to do while she sits around and complains)
Rob and Amber (I still think that, along with Eric and Jeremy, they ran the best race from start-to-finish, and I actually like them)
Uchenna and Joyce (they are the only champions to make the cut, and I think they are a horrible choice, as they were probably the weakest team to ever win)
David and Mary (totally undeserving)
Beauty Queens (I was hoping they would make it--I would love to see them win it all)
Eric the Frat Guy and Dani, one half of the blondes from Long Island, both from season ten (this is the only "new" team, in that they had other partners when they first ran the race--they are now dating and I think it should be interesting)

The season starts on February 18. I am most disappointed that the Mormon Sisters won't be competing, but I am still incredibly excited.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger MrMotivation said...

Uchenna and Joyce are okay, speaking another language is a cool asset if you have it. Luck is also okay. The race is long enough to make their win a good one. I am a Romber fan though. I really am cheering against the little person and her cousin. Those to really made the transition from wow to minus zero.

1/16/2007 8:36 PM  
Blogger Red Fraggle said...

Yeah, you have a good point that they did manage to make it all the way to the end, so obviously they did something right. But still...they never seemed to have their act together, they were usually lagging, and they got awfully lucky on that last leg. I think I'm still bitter that Rob and Amber didn't win because they were so totally dominant the entire race.

I hear you on Mirna and Charla--Mirna irritated me to no end. She was yet another hypocrite, a Racer who would complain about someone's actions and then do the same exact thing. I hate that. But I did love the high comedy of her forcing Charla to do everything while she sat around.

1/17/2007 3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home