Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Best Cookie (or Biscuit) EVER

I was at Cost Plus this weekend hoping to stock up on my not-so-secret vice, Cadbury's Dairy Milk (imported from England because the US version is . . . not the same). Naturally, all they had was the kind with roasted almonds, which also is . . . not the same. They haven't had it the last two times I checked. Anyone know what's going on with the sad lack of imported British candy? Anyway . . . so I turned to the cookie aisle hoping that maybe they'd have the Cadbury Digestives that, while not the pure chocolate goodness of a nice bar of Dairy Milk, are pretty damn good. No dice.

I was about to leave empty handed when I saw a pretty row of milk chocolate HobNobs. I'd never tried them before, but I'm pretty sure they've been featured as the comfort food of choice in some British chick lit novel or other. And I must say they are FANTASTIC. It's like a crunchy oatmeal cookie covered in milk chocolate. They're heaven. They're addictive. They're making me very sad I'm about to move somewhere where imported British goods will be even harder to come by. Thank heavens for the internet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Red Fraggle said...

Gobo's sister was just in London and we made a chocolate order with her. I think we only got Boost and Kit Kat chunky, though.

When Gobo went to Europe a few years ago he bought a ton of British chocolate, put them all in an oversized shoebox and then carried it throughout Europe with him for the next two weeks (I think he hit about seven countries). It was definitely worth it.

11/13/2006 5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home