Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Friday, November 10, 2006

The O.C. Made Me Cry

And I'm not ashamed. Well, only a little. I can't believe how invested I am in this show again after a year of myeh, and then a year of not watching at all. As I said in my last post, Marissa is a far more appealing character dead than she ever was alive, and watching Summer, Ryan, and Julie dealing with the fallout from her death (even watching stupid Volchok who I only know from the season finale) brought me to tears again and again last night. I really think this season is good.

Apparently I'm one of the few, because the O.C. is getting horrible ratings, about half the audience of Friday Night Lights, which is constantly mentioned as one of the shows that is threatened with cancellation, and this article in the Washington Post actually pleads for the show to be put out of its misery. I have to wonder if the writer ever liked the show, or even likes TV. At least one real critic is doesn't think it sucks.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you, Laura. Tears were flowing several times last night. I'm once again totally hooked on The OC. And I'm pretty ticked at that writer from the Washington Post. If you personally don't like something, fine. But don't try to ruin it for others.

11/10/2006 3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home