Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Fall TV

I spent part of the weekend getting caught up on some of the drama pilots that I didn't catch last week. I watched: Six Degrees, Jericho, Kidnapped, Smith, Shark, and possibly some others that I've already forgotten. None of these pilots was awesome enough to leave me raving, but none of them were bad enough to cancel my season pass yet.

I love the premise of Jericho (small town in Kansas left completely isolated by nuclear war(?)) enough that I'll give it a very long leash.

I recommend that Fraggle replace the really horrible Justice (which has lost its season pass in spite of the presence of Victor Garber after only two episodes) with Shark, which is much smarter and has the awesome James Woods.

I really wanted to like Smith as well because I'm a huge fan of Ray Liotta and Simon Baker is HOT, but I really had to wrack my brain to remember even watching it. Not a good sign.

I liked Kidnapped more than I thought I would. I have a hard time not humming "rolling with the homies" under my breath every time I see Jeremy Sisto, but that's hardly his fault. I really like the boy who's been kidnapped so I'm going to try to get Clueless out of my head and watch.

Which leaves Six Degrees which I will definitely be watching because . . . OMAR! Ok, his name is really Michael Williams, but he plays Omar on my new favorite show The Wire and I'll follow him wherever he goes. Although I would like to see him play something other than a hood. Of course, Six Degrees also has Hope Davis, who is wonderful, and J.J. Abrams, so it automatically doesn't suck.

What does everyone else think? Overall I'm really impressed by the quality of the new shows. This season is definitely justifying my purchase of a second, dual tuner, tivo. And tonight we get the most anticipated new show of the season, Heroes. I may never leave the house again.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger thekeez said...

Did you catch that the pilot for Shark was directed by Spike Lee? I really enjoyed the show - Woods was terrific. Can you believe that Spike got him to tear up on screen?

Not that Woods doesn't have the chops, but that he's such a tuff guy crank that I could see him just smirking at the idea.

I'm hot on Kidnapped and lukewarm on Smith. Haven't seen Jericho yet...thekeez

9/25/2006 2:09 PM  
Blogger Laura Ingalls Wilder said...

I should have watched Shark instead of Smith, apparently. I was totally excited for Smith and found myself quite disappointed. In particular, I thought Virginia Madsen's character was annoying. And she looked different -- Botox maybe?

I like Six Degress a lot, and agree with Holt that Hope Davis is awesome generally speaking.

9/25/2006 2:35 PM  
Blogger thekeez said...

I'd luv to try Six Degrees because Michael Williams is awesome. But ABC is dead to me...thekeez

9/26/2006 1:40 PM  
Blogger jeje said...

adidas tubular x
michael kors factory outlet
michael kors factory outlet
yeezy boost 350 v2
michael kors outlet handbags
vans shoes
nike roshe run one
kobe byrant shoes
air jordan
vans shoes

11/20/2017 8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home